Meetings Marketing Coordinator
Position Title: Meetings Marketing Coordinator
Societies: All Associations Served by Scientific Societies
Reports To: Meetings Marketing Manager - Jen Olafson
Scientific Societies is a group of seven scientific and technical professional nonprofit associations supported by a staff team at a central Headquarters Office. We are currently seeking a Meetings Manager, responsible for managing various aspects of logistics for annual conferences and select small meetings. This position has independent responsibility for multi-faceted conferences and meetings that often overlap and require management of multiple events simultaneously. The position is primarily located in the Twin Cities. Work from home is acceptable however must be able to come into the office as needed.
Primary Objective of the Position:
The Meetings Marketing Coordinator reports to the Meetings Marketing Manager to support the Meetings team, executing marketing communications for annual/biennial meeting campaigns to prospective, existing, and lapsed members of the seven professional associations managed by Scientific Societies. This position is a key component to the success of the marketing team to generate meetings interest and registrations through a variety of digital and traditional channels, including social media, email, newsletters, direct mail, trade advertising, websites, and other online content. In addition, the coordinator may also undertake administrative tasks associated with the teams they support, including vendor outreach and response, invoice management, mailings, and other related activities.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Support annual meeting marketing and communications for each association by developing and executing communications for promotional campaigns, as well as on-site and virtual meeting resources and collateral
- Write effective digital and traditional multi-channel communication pieces, including (but not limited to) emails, direct mail pieces, flyers, social media posts, collateral pieces, website content, trade advertisements, and banner ads.
- Increase meeting attendance by implementing targeted marketing strategies, working with team members to ensure consistent execution of efforts.
- Manage communications for several associations using strong project management skills to gather submissions across the organization and meet delivery timelines
- Develop new communications, including automated, customized content, decision-tree messaging, and A/B testing email campaigns.
- Maintain marketing and content calendars for meeting communications. Propose messaging that aligns to the brand and tone of each organization for all communication channels.
- Help make the teams make data-based marketing decisions: monitor professional association and meeting industry trends and best practices, track email and social statistics, and support and analyze online advertising to make recommendations for future initiatives.
- Keep current on marketing communication trends (social media, email, web, etc.) and web analytic tools. Monitor impact of efforts and maintain understanding of current spam regulations/practices to ensure communications meet stated criteria.
- Provide prompt responses and efficient resolutions all inquiries from the membership of our client associations, supporting communication requests from Boards and Councils as required by the team.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, or related field (professional or member association experience preferred, but not required).
- 2 – 4 years related experience.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and copyrighting/editing skills with a strong attention to detail and an eye toward effective marketing practices.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation, list segmentation, and email template creation. Advanced computer skills and technical expertise, including experience with social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube), CMS and web publishing software (SharePoint, WordPress or custom products), email marketing software and WYSIWYG editors (Real Magnet/Higher Logic, Constant Contact, Exact Target, Mail Chimp, or similar). Familiarity with HTML and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and execute on multi-faceted programs and projects, to multi-task, and work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to work with the ability to effectively gain input from various stakeholders.
- Ability to jump in and work under minimal and shifting direction with an eye toward results.
- Pro-actively identifies areas lacking support and steps up to help drive projects forward.
Why Scientific Societies?
We offer remote hybrid work schedules, excellent health, dental and vision insurance programs, matching retirement benefits, 37.5-hour work weeks with ½ day Fridays during the summer months, 10 holidays a year plus sick time that accrues. Scientific Societies also invests in their staff with professional development opportunities, leave time and a flexible work culture.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter documenting qualifications EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, or national origin.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Scientific Societies is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, or national origin.