Position Title: Marketing Manager
Societies: All Associations Served by Scientific Societies
Job Type: Eligible for Contract, Contract-to-hire, or Full-Time Salaried
Hours Per Week: 37.5 Work Week
Location: Currently Remote, Future Hybrid (2-3 Days in Office in Eagan, MN); Fully Remote Employment Also Considered
Primary Objective of the Position:
The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Branding & Marketing to support the Marketing team, executing marketing communications for membership campaigns to prospective, existing, and lapsed members of the professional associations managed by Scientific Societies. This position is responsible for contributing to strategic planning as well as developing, implementing/managing integrated (email, digital, social media and traditional) marketing campaigns for webinars, online education offerings, and memberships.
Major Areas of Accountability:
The primary areas of accountability for the Marketing Manager are to:
- Develop and manage the strategy and execution of promotional and informational campaigns within budget.
- Track campaign success rates and suggest future marketing plan changes based on campaign results.
- Participate in brainstorming new marketing, creative, and communication approaches with marketing teammates.
- Develop integrated campaigns/programs by creating content for digital channels (email, web, blog, landing pages, social media paid advertising) and some traditional mediums (direct mail, events/trade show signage, flyers/brochures, etc.)
- Initiate and oversee the development/production of marketing materials.
- Collaborate and partner with relevant staff and association volunteers for content direction, design, and distribution, using project management skills to effectively move projects forward.
- Propose strategies and lead tactics for online prospecting campaigns, recommending new vendor partners, software, or approaches to further membership and publication reach
- Depending on the skill level and experience of the chosen candidate, this position may oversee 1-2 direct reports upon hire or within the first year of employment.
The successful candidate will have excellent marketing writing skills, be innovative, have a solid understanding of integrated marketing campaigns (digital, social media and print).
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 4 - 7 years related experience (professional or member association experience preferred, but not required).
- Proven ability to think strategically and successfully create content and campaigns.
- Experience in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns and/or marketing communication startegies
- Experience supervising interns or direct reports in a managerial role through professional or volunteer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/campaigns from concept through completion and communicate key milestones as progress is made.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and copyrighting/editing skills with a strong attention to detail and an eye toward effective marketing practices.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation, list segmentation, and email template creation
- Advanced computer skills and technical expertise, including experience with social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube), CMS and web publishing software (Sharepoint, Wordpress or custom products), email marketing software and WYSIWYG editors (Real Magnet/Higher Logic, Constant Contact, Exact Target, Mail Chimp, or similar). Familiarity with HTML and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to work with the ability to effectively gain input from various stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate and execute on multi-faceted programs and projects, to multi-task, and work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Ability to jump in and achieve goals under minimal or shifting direction.
- Pro-actively identifies areas lacking support and steps up to help drive projects forward.
Requirement of Employment:
All Scientific Societies employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon the official acceptance of any offer of employment.