Position Title: Instructional Designer
Societies: APS, Master Brewers, ASBC, Pink Boots Society, IS-MPMI, and SSP
Reports To: Director of Education
Are you a wiz at converting training need into engaging learning experiences? Drawn to the science of brewing, almost more than the tasty beer? Intrigued by plants and their healthy growth? If you answered “Yes”, our Instructional Designer position may be the fit for you! In this role you will work closely with subject matter experts to determine training need as it aligns to each association’s unique goals. You will then lead the design and development of the corresponding learning solution, working closely with program managers, graphic design, marketing, or other departments to ensure a quality, effective outcome.
Needs Assessment, Instructional Design, Solution Development, and Implementation:
- Collaborate with association SMEs to determine goals and target training need. Lead the identification and implementation of learning solutions
- Develop objectives, content outlines, and evaluation criteria for learning solutions
- Create and maintain engaging learning activities such as video tours, eLearning simulations, job aids, facilitator guides, presentations, and workbooks
- Work with SME instructors and program managers to enhance existing in-person and virtual courses.
- Coach SME instructors on facilitation best practice and strategies for using virtual training tools to more effectively engage attendees and foster community/networking
- Co-facilitate with SMEs in a classroom or distance learning environment
- Determine project timelines, establish handoff expectations, seek feedback, communicate timely updates
- Manage a course including its schedule, SME course material, instructor and attendee communication, and rosters.
- Prepare and administer training assessments. Evaluate the effectiveness of training delivered
- Structure course materials to integrate seamlessly and LMS and manage the curriculum library
- Provide coaching, creativity, and leadership to internal or contracted staff
- Create evaluation metrics to measure learning, using standard evaluation models.
- Establish and maintain successful relationships to foster a positive and productive culture
- Maintain a goal of continuous improvement to document best practices and streamline processes
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in instructional design, learning and performance, adult learning methodologies, or learning technologies.
- 5+ years progressive experience in instructional / training design and development for adult leaners
- 1+ year of designing, facilitating, and producing engaging virtual experiences v
- Demonstrated application of adult learning and training concepts, theories, and best practices
- Experience using eLearning tools, such as Camtasia, Articulate, or another video creation tool
- Knowledge of crafting audio script and recording
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio that shows your aptitude for designing and developing for both in-person and virtual training is required. This includes video or demonstration of virtual training facilitation.
- A desire to show your awesome in the conversations you are a part of, quality you create and encourage in others, and the positive approach you take to all you do.