Digital Content Coordinator
Position Title: Digital Content Coordinator
Societies: All Associations Served by Scientific Societies
Primary Objective of the Position:
The Digital Content Coordinator collects data and metrics to recommend changes to marketing strategies and tactics. A successful coordinator will have knowledge of leading digital marketing tracking tools and have the ability to synthesize information to make recommendations for future campaign improvements. This role will be 25% data collection, 25% data interpretation and 50% creating content for social media, paid media campaigns, and association websites.
Major Areas of Accountability:
The primary areas of accountability for the Digital Content Coordinator are to:
Data Analysis - 25% of the role
- Track, report, and analyze marketing campaign performance, pull ad-hoc analytic requests, and develop/automate regular reports
- Know how to pull data from membership or sales databases, use Google analytics, and navigate social media listening tools.
- Set up, maintain, and track tags using tools such as Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and similar software.
- Create a list of metrics for capturing insights across social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and collect ongoing data for member and nonmember activity, engagement, and interactions. Use findings to make recommendations for the optimization of content and posting patterns (time of day, frequency, etc.).
Data Interpretation & Communication - 25% of the role
- Be able to create a story of how our members and supporters interact with us by combining data from multiple sources into a comprehensive report.
- Evaluate members’ online behavior and provide insights and recommendations for further enhancements to the online membership experience.
- Develop and implement a process to track website usage patterns, recommend improvements to website content and navigation, and perform – or partner with IT – to execute changes. li>
- Create informal presentations to communicate recommendations to colleagues in non-technical terms.
- Desire to learn and grow digital analysis expertise through new tools and vendor relationships
- Assist colleagues with data interpretation and share knowledge with different departments to help the entire organization improve their data-based decision making.
Digital Marketing - 50% of the role
- Provide recommendations to improve digital measurement capabilities and help set up trackable digital marketing campaigns.
- Research and recommend third-party tools and vendors to assist in the process as required.
- Manage social media efforts. Conduct social media listening of our followers and do analysis of our competitors.
- Engage and interact with social media followers and respond promptly to DMs
- Partner with volunteer committee members and influencers to leverage their online activity to generate interest in our associations and programs.
- Audit association website content and help keep content current and accurate.
- Use data to recommend improvements based on member behavior and partner with IT to optimize the online presence of our associations.
- Provide input into paid marketing campaign best practices (Google ads, Facebook ads, and LinkedIn ads) and monitor metrics to increase response rates as the campaign progresses.
The successful candidate will have excellent marketing writing skills, be innovative, have a solid understanding of integrated marketing campaigns (digital, social media and print).
- Bachelor or Associate degree with coursework/experience in quantitative areas, such as marketing analysis, statistics, or research.
- 2-5 years of professional work experience in digital marketing with responsibilities monitoring online campaigns, website usage, and social media performance.
- Work in association management companies or non-profits preferred, but not required.
- Experience using Google Analytics in a professional setting is required. Google Analytics certification is preferred.
- Technical computer skills and hands-on experience with:
- Social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube).
- Social media monitoring tools (Agorapulse, Hootsuite, Google Alerts, Talkwalker, etc.)
- TCMR or AMS systems (such as iMIS, Salesforce, etc.).
- Email marketing software (Real Magnet/Higher Logic, Constant Contact, Exact Target, Mailchimp, etc.).
- Google Tag Manager or similar website tag management tools
- CMS and web publishing software (SharePoint, WordPress, or custom products)
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and communicate information to others.
- Comfortable organizing data into charts/graphs and presenting information to others via PowerPoint or similar visual presentation tools.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects with attention to detail and good follow-through.